World Millwork Alliance (WMA) is a wholesale distribution association. Our alliance is dedicated to the progression and prosperity of the millwork industry, including the support of a highly skilled workforce. We engage in advocacy efforts on behalf of our member-businesses, fostering a united millwork trade community that delivers innovative products and services for the benefit of the millwork industry as a whole.
The most successful millwork professionals recognize the need to be united through the WMA millwork association and community. A membership in WMA provides unlimited opportunities to network and learn from our vast reservoir of experienced and knowledgeable members including distributors, manufacturers of products and services, manufacturer reps, and co-operative and group purchasing organization leaders.
Membership in World Millwork Alliance opens doors to lasting Connections that Matter.
For over 50 years, World Millwork Alliance has been the voice of the millwork industry.
World Millwork Alliance provides our members with networking forums and advocacy, serving as a conduit for educational and informational resources for the millwork industry.
The sole purpose of World Millwork Alliance is to strengthen the millwork community by helping our members grow and prosper. Every event, education program and advocacy effort is to support this purpose.
How does WMA help our members grow and prosper?
- WMA builds relationships – relationships between WMA and our members and relationships among members.
- WMA fosters networking at a personal level – we practice open communication and networking among all our members in order to help build the businesses of all members.
- WMA serves only to benefit our membership – we advocate on behalf of our members, are a source of education and information, and protect industry codes and standards.
A Long History
- 1931 – Southern Sash & Door Jobbers Association
- 1935 – Northern Sash & Door Jobbers Association
- 1963 – National Sash & Door Jobbers Association
Formed by merger of the two regional associations
- 2003 – Association of Millwork Distributors
Membership expanded to international members
- 2014 – World Millwork Alliance
From the Golden Age of the early 20th Century through the 21st, WMA is an alliance that stands the test of time.
New Name, New Century
From 1963 to today, our organization has evolved from a regional trade organization into an association of distributors, into a large alliance of national and international members including distributors, manufacturers, service providers and affiliates. WMA is not just an association. We are proud to be a true alliance of millwork professionals, dedicated to strengthening our industry. In 2014, our membership recognized that this evolution needed to be reflected in our identity.
Our new name – World Millwork Alliance – is simple, strong, inclusive and reflective of our progression into the 21st century.