Codes & Standards News & Updates
Members-Only Codes & Standards News
Millwork Industry Codes & Standards News
- NAHB recently reported in its NAHBNow news blog that remodelers certified under the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Lead: Renovation, Repair and Painting (LRRP) rule can …
- USGlass News Network (USGNN) reports that California-based public record’s activist, Carl Malamud’s organization, Public.Resource.org, is currently involved in several ongoing lawsuits. Malamud is currently the defendant …
- LEESBURG, VA. – American Wood Council (AWC) Vice President Kenneth Bland, P.E., issued the following statement regarding the International Code Council (ICC) Board of Directors …
Codes & Standards Update
Codes and Standards Update – January 6, 2016
ANSI/WMA 100-2016 Published
The ANSI/WMA 100-2016, Standard Method of Determining Structural Performance Ratings of Side-Hinged Exterior Door Systems and Procedures for Component Substitution, was published this week and can be ordered from the WMA website. The standard was approved as an American National Standard on December 1, 2015 by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
The ANSI/WMA 100-2016 replaces and is the latest edition of the ANSI/AMD 100, which went through a limited revision cycle last year in accordance with ANSI consensus requirements. Revisions made include:
- Updating the standard’s title
- Updating the alphanumeric reference and all Association of Millwork Distributors (AMD) references to reflect the association’s name change to World Millwork Alliance (WMA)
- Adding metric measurement references
- Updating the listing of referenced standards
- Revising the Door Configuration Qualification Table (Table 8.1)
ANSI/WMA 100 is a performance standard for determining structural performance ratings of residential Side-Hinged Exterior Door Systems (SHEDS) and includes procedures for component substitution. The ANSI/WMA 100 has been developed under the auspices of WMA’s Industry Standards and Certification Committee (ISCC).
For additional information please contact Jessica Ferris, WMA Director of Codes and Standards.